Cutkive Wood Holiday Lodges Conditions Of Hire And Booking
In these conditions “Owners” “us”, “our”, “we” means the proprietors of Cutkive Wood; the “Hirer”, “you” means the person detailed as the Hirer on the booking form; “Hirers’”, “party”, means any person occupying the Accommodation, and/or any person visiting the Hirers whilst at the Accommodation or Property; the “Property” means the entire property as owned by the proprietors; the “Accommodation” means the lodge(s), car parking, gardens and patio(s) occupied for holiday use; “dog” means singular or plural; “items”, “item” means any of the furniture, fixtures, fittings, effects and equipment in the Accommodation or on the Property, “Hire Charge” means the published Hire Charge unless otherwise stated.
1. All offers of Accommodation are subject to availability and no booking can be confirmed until a Booking Form is completed and either the appropriate deposit, or for bookings made less than eight weeks before the commencement of the holiday and short term breaks (less than seven nights) the Full Hire Charge, has been paid. When you make your booking you must notify us if you have any requirement(s) outside those which we offer on our web-site and by making your booking you accept the decision we make regarding any such requirement(s) which, if necessary, will be included in your Confirmation letter.
2. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under the age of 18 and we reserve the right as to whether or not to accept any bookings; for example from groups of persons under the age of 25 and/or all male or female adult parties.
3. Once we have accepted the completed Booking Form and/or a payment for your holiday a contract exists and you are responsible for the payment of the Full Hire Charge. If you have to cancel your holiday you must notify us immediately by ‘Special Delivery’ letter then we will confirm it in writing by post or e-mail. We will then endeavour to re-hire the Accommodation. If we are successful then any monies, received from you and the new Hirer, in excess of the Full Hire Charge for the period will be repaid to you less an administration charge equal to the published deposit for the period plus any other incurred costs. If however we cannot re-hire then you will be responsible for the prompt payment of any balance of the Full Hire Charge outstanding on the Accommodation that you have booked. You are advised to take out holiday insurance to cover this.
4. The balance of the Hire Charge for the Accommodation must be received at least eight weeks before the date of commencement of the holiday or we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and seek to re-hire the Accommodation (as in condition 3). An administration charge equal to the published deposit for the period plus any other incurred costs will be applicable. Reminders are not sent for the balance of the Hire Charge.
5. Payment for a Booking by most debit cards is accepted and free. The signature of the cardholder is required, and card payment receipts will be given to you, upon arrival.
6. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the Accommodation is for holiday use only for the period on the Booking Form and in the confirmation of booking letter and that no right exists to remain in the Accommodation.
7. Once your holiday is confirmed by us amendments (including additional persons) may be made to the Booking Form but only with our agreement and any amendment may then be subject to additional charges and/or additional terms as specified at the time.
8. A cautionary deposit may be required for any booking. In order to meet the additional servicing costs relating to group bookings (generally a party occupying more than one Lodge), a group service charge per Lodge may be applicable. Details will be agreed with the Hirer at the time of booking, included in relevant correspondence and a completed Booking Form will be deemed to be acceptance of the aforementioned deposit and/or charge.
9. Bed linen (apart from cot linen) and tea-towels are included if the Hire Charge is paid in full. Should other circumstances prevail then the aforementioned will have to be provided by the Hirers or may be available by special arrangement.
10. The Hirers’ right to occupy the Accommodation may be forfeit without compensation if a) people other than those specified on the Booking Form attempt to take up occupation or stay overnight, b) any information provided on the Booking Form is incorrect, c) any activity is undertaken which may cause or has caused either noise, disturbance or damage to the Property and/or persons and/or endangered the health and safety of persons or animals, d) the Hirers’ commit any infringement of these Conditions of Hire and Booking.
11. The Hirer is responsible for supervising and taking responsibility for their party and ensuring that their party is fully aware of these Conditions of Hire and Booking and the Reminder Notices in the Welcome Folder. The Hirers’ shall keep the Accommodation and it’s furniture, fittings, fixtures and effects in the same state of repair as at the start of their holiday and shall leave the Accommodation in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. If this is not the case then you agree that we can take payment by your debit card in order to recover any necessary costs incurred. Any item that becomes unsafe should be withdrawn (if possible), not used and brought to our attention immediately.
12. The Hirer must report any damage/breakage during the holiday occupancy. You may be held liable for the full cost of repair and/or replacement (allowing for wear and tear at the time) of the item or items and agree that we can take payment by your debit card.
13. If the Hirers’ wish to arrange for day visitors whilst at the Property then the Owners, who reserve the right not to allow such a visit, should be informed prior to the visit. Visitors are not allowed overnight. Any person visiting the Hirers’ is not allowed to bring a dog onto the Property.
14. The Owners or their representative(s) shall be allowed reasonable access to the Accommodation at any time.
15. The Accommodation will be available from 4.00pm on the arrival day and must be vacated before 10.00am on the departure day. Any arrival after 6.00pm or/and on a day other than that on the booking form must be agreed and confirmed in writing by the Owners either at the time of booking or at least four weeks in advance of the booked arrival day; without the aforementioned agreement the Accommodation may not be available until after 10.30am and at a time specified by us on the following day.
16. Any personal belonging left in the Accommodation or on the Property by the Hirers’ when they depart must be claimed within three months. If it has been found then an appropriate sum to cover post and packing should be paid before the item can be forwarded. After three months the Hirers’ accept that the Owners have the right to dispose of the item.
17. If the Owners have agreed that the Hirers’ can bring a dog into the Accommodation or onto the Property, the Hirers’ undertake to abide by the rules relating to dogs detailed in condition 18 below and also as a condition of this booking warrant that their dog will be controlled and supervised and will not cause damage or nuisance during the holiday. The dog must be the same one as identified on the Booking Form.
18. A maximum of two dogs are allowed per lodge. All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times when outdoors. The dog must not be taken or allowed into the children’s play area, animal enclosures or the field adjacent to the driveway. For the safety and comfort of other persons, if the dog fouls anywhere on the Property, including the woods, the mess must be removed immediately, bagged and then discarded only in the metal dustbin. The Hirers’ must bring a) their own dog’s feeding and drinking utensils and under no circumstances must any of the crockery be used, and b) their own dog’s bedding as under no circumstances are dogs allowed on any of the furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects. Dogs must not be left unattended in the Accommodation or on the Property at any time. At the Owners discretion the Hirers’ may be asked, and thereby required, to remove their dog from the Property. Any person visiting the Hirers’ is not allowed to bring a dog onto the Property. Dogs must be fully house trained and fully vaccinated. No other pets and/or animals are allowed unless agreed, in writing, with the Owners.
19. The Hirers’ agree that the Owners, unless proved to be negligent, cannot accept liability for any injury sustained by any person or dog or the loss or damage to any of the Hirers’ personal effects and property (including motor vehicles) brought into the Accommodation or onto the Property.
20. Parking is available for up to two medium family-sized non-estate cars (i.e. Ford Focus) at most Lodges. You must notify us by providing details before you return your Booking Form if you are bringing (a) two cars, (b) a car and a trailer or (c) if one or both of your cars are larger than the aforementioned, and must accept that you may not be able to park them both on-site. Any vehicle with low ground clearance will not be able to access any parking. The driveway to the Lodges is limited to a maximum width of 8 feet. Once your holiday is confirmed by us no additional vehicles/trailers will be permitted, unless by special arrangement with us, other than those on the Booking Form.
21. For the purposes of maintenance, legislation etc, we reserve the right to and may have to, from time to time, make changes to the Property which may lead to a difference to that published. If necessary the Hirer will be notified of any material changes that may affect your holiday and have the right to cancel and to a full refund. Any notifiable disease, epidemic, pandemic or similar will lead to changes to the Property in order to provide the health and safety requirements that we and/or the authorities deem necessary and you agree to accept these and adhere to them while you are here. Some/all of the animal activities may not always be available.
22. Due to health and safety reasons persons aged 15 and over are not permitted to use the play equipment. Whilst using the play equipment and area children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
23. For the consideration and safety of all persons smoking (by law) and barbecues are permitted only on the patio area of each lodge and not inside the Accommodation or in/on any other area of the Property. In order to minimize the potential risk of a fire, particularly in the fields and woods, cigarettes etc and barbecues must be completely extinguished and then disposed of in (cigarettes etc), or by (barbecues), a suitable rubbish bin.
24. For safety there must not, under any circumstances, be any fires lit anywhere on the property (apart from barbecues as in condition 23).
25. For the safety of all persons and animals there is a maximum speed limit of 10 mph on the Property.
26. If you have any concern or complaint then this, in the first instance, should be brought to our attention. If it cannot be resolved then the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English or Scottish courts will govern any dispute still existing between us.
Why not take a look at what else we have to offer?
Your holiday lodge is found in a tranquil rural haven surrounding by the lovely Cornish countryside.
Prices & Availability
View the prices and availability of our Cornwall Holiday Lodges here at Cutkive Wood.
Things To Do
Cornwall and Devon has so much to offer for all tastes, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Make a Booking
Your perfect Cornish holiday starts here. Book your next break away at Cutkive Wood today!
Find out more about Cutkive Wood Holiday Lodges and what makes us special.
Pets & Play
Come and enjoy all the things you can do here at Cutkive Wood.
View our happy guest reviews and see why they love staying at Cutkive Wood.
Get in Touch
Would you like to ask us something? You can easily get in touch right here.